Schmeichel Out of Denmark's Qualifier against Bulgaria
Denmark's goalkeeper Kasper Schmeichel will skip the World Cup qualifier against Bulgaria on Friday.
The son of former Denmark goalkeeper Peter Schmeichel has requested that he stays home close to his wife, who is expected to give birth to their child these days.
Kasper Schmeichel, who is a member of Leicester City, will be replaced by Norseland's goalkeeper Jesper Hansen.
The Bulgarian side has called up Verona striker Valeri Bojinov for the upcoming World Cup 2014 qualifiers against Denmark and the Czech Republic.
Bojinov missed Bulgaria's first two games in qualifying Group B against Italy (2:2) and Armenia (1:0).
Expectedly, Fulham's Dimitar Berbatov has not returned to the team, while Bolton's Martin Petrov is left out of the squad once again.
Bulgaria is currently ranked second in Group B with four points, level with leaders Italy.
It managed to keep to a 2-2 draw Euro 2012 runners-up Italy and defeated Armenia 1-0.
- » Grigor Dimitrov Posted in Social Networks a Message for the Most Special Person
- » Slavia Sofia Won the Bulgarian Cup after a 22-year Break
- » Huge Interest for the Final of the Bulgarian Football Cup Between Levski and Slavia
- » Grigor Dimitrov was Eliminated in Round 2 of the Masters in Madrid
- » Milos Raonic Will Compete With Grigor Dimitrov
- » Marseille to Face Atletico Madrid in Europa League Final