Bulgarian Tourists Stranded in Spain to Return Monday
The Bulgarian tourists currently stranded in a Spanish hotel are to return to their home country on Monday, authorities have stated.
A total of 88 Bulgarians are left without transportation and stranded in the lobby of a hotel in the Marbella beach resort in southern Spain, bTV reported earlier on Sunday. 20 of the tourists are handicapped.
They travelled there under the program Golden Spain, which offers preferential off-season prices for people over the age of 55.
The tourists were scheduled to leave Saturday after a week-long vacation, organized by the On Travel Company, only to be told they could not provide a return trip home.
The Bulgarian Embassy in Spain has now told the Bulgarian National Radio that the tourists are expected to travel back to Bulgaria on Monday. The Embassy will also bring food and water to the stranded Bulgarians.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Strong Wind Knocked Down Trees in Varna
- » Bulgaria is sending Two Planes with Rescuers to Turkey, the Earthquake was also Felt in Our Country
- » Bulgaria: The Wind Speed in Sliven reaches over 100 km/h
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 12 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Yellow Code for Negative Temperatures throughout Bulgaria
- » Ministry of Foreign Affairs: There is No Information about Injured Bulgarians after the Earthquake in Turkey