Bulgarian Watchdog Suspects Flour Cartel
The Bulgarian state anti-trust agency has launched a price-fixing investigation in the country's the flour producton sector.
The investigation is part of a broader analysis by the Commission on Protection of Competition regarding the production chain linking wheat, flour and bread.
In particular focus has come the Union of Bulgarian Millers, a sector association bringing together Bulgaria's largest flour producers.
The Commission has said that fluctuations in wholesale flour prices unrelated to fluctuations in the price of wheat give it grouds to believe that a cartel agreement might be in place.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » More Workers Exempt from Quarantine to Avoid Staff Shortages
- » Bulgaria Set to Drasrtically Increase Pensions as of 1 October
- » Bulgarian Economy Minister Petkov to Alert Prosecution Office about Ministerial Complex Project
- » Germany and US announce Deal to Allow Completion of Nord Stream 2
- » Bulgaria: National Recovery and Resilience Plan - What to Expect?
- » Tourism Industry Fears Decline in Number of Tourists in August