Bulgarian PM Lashes Out at PES Leader over Schengen
Bulgarian Prime Minister Boyko Borisov has criticized Bulgarian Socialist Party leader and PES president Sergey Stanishev over what he perceives as contradicting statements on the country's potential Schengen entry.
Stanishev recently declared that Bulgaria does not stand any chance to enter the Schengen Agreement during Borisov's ruling centrist-right GERB's term in power.
However, Borisov reminded that Stanishev has also made statements in support of Bulgaria's Schengen bid as PES president.
The PM said he hoped his rival would "start lying less" when he was elected as head of PES.
"We are very determined to beat PES at the elections in Bulgaria next year," Borisov said on Wednesday, as cited by the Sega daily.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend