Bulgaria to Launch 'Online Consul' Service over Croatia Shell Scandal
Bulgaria's Foreign Ministry is about to launch a new service called "online consul" that aims to inform Bulgarian citizens abroad about potential dangers (voluntary or not) they may commit abroad.
The move has been triggered by the recent case of Bulgarian Dimitar Boyanov who had to spend 18 days in a Croatian jail over an empty seashell he wanted to take home as a souvenir from a local beach.
The Bulgarian Foreign Ministry has already launched disciplinary proceedings against the country's consul in Croatia, as he failed to protect Boyanov.
Foreign Ministry spokesperson Vesela Cherneva has told local media that the Ministry's website is to be upgraded to include detailed information on various countries by the end of next week.
- » Donald Trump Cancels Meeting with North Korea's Kim Jong-un
- » The French President Macron is on an Official Visit to Russia
- » Bulgarian PM Borisov will go on a Visit with Pope Francis
- » Radev to Putin: Bulgaria and Russia must be Frank with Each Other
- » The Controversial Attorney General of the United States is on a Visit to Bulgaria
- » Today Bulgarian President Radev will Meet Putin in Sochi