Yane, Don't Go Home!
"Did you hear Yane is in the US to support Romney?" my elderly mom calls me on the phone, dismayed.
A press release informed us recently that Yane Yanev, leader of the conservative RZS party is the first Bulgarian politician to take part in the heated presidential race in support of the Republican nominations.
Mom is deep in American politics. She has a son and three grandchildren there and fears war.
"He has no say there. He is nobody," I say.
In America, the political left and right are not what we imagine, and who knows the Conservatives? In Bulgaria, the left loves lavish live and campaigns in red Ferraris; the ruling right sometimes slips praises of Communist Dictator Todor Zhivkov, while "conservatives" jump in both directions.
In 40 years America went from Martin Luther King's assassination to the election of their first black President; in less than 40 days Yanev went from threatening to "fire PM Borisov – Bulgaria's Gaddafi" to becoming his strongest ally.
Civil society is priceless; (political) prostitution always has a price tag.
Mom feels better about America.
Romney should keep Yane home. He might not help him, but it will help us. Some.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » 2023 Bosnia and Hercegovina: Putinians to Establish Institutional Control of the Country
- » Kosovo: Implementation of Brussels and Washington Agreements - Path to Enduring Peace and Long-term Stability
- » 10 World Events that marked the Year 2022
- » The Moral Cost of Christmas: Products that are Paying for the Invasion of Ukraine
- » The Мatch for Ukraine is decided between Washington and Moscow
- » Challenges of Energy Security in Europe: Can Algeria be an Alternative to Russia?