Bulgarian Mines Contract Risk Engineering for Energy Efficiency
Bulgarian company Risk Engineering AD has been contracted to boost the energy efficiency of the heavy mining equipment at the state-owned Mini Maritsa Iztok EAD (Maritsa East Mines).
The work of the contractor is financed with EUR 4.565 M under the EU program for the decommissioning of the old reactors of the Kozloduy NPP, according to a media statement of the coal mining company.
Risk Engineering AD has been assigned the construction (design, delivery, installation, testing and commissioning) of on-line load control of the operation of the belt conveyors and excavators and the rehabilitation (design, delivery, installation, testing and commissioning) of the power supply system to enable energy management of equipment through remote reading and power quality analysis.
The project is to be wrapped up in 104 weeks, or two years. The contract with Risk Engineering AD has already been signed.
The company was selected via a tender held in line with the rules of the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD).
This is the second of three projects for energy efficiency rehabilitation of the Maritsa Iztok Mines financed under the Kozloduy International Decommissioning Support Fund (KIDSF) with a total of EUR 21.5 M.
The grant provided to the Maritsa Iztok Mines by the KIDSF amounts to 70% of the total cost, while the remainder is co-financing.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Europe: The Conditions for a Cold Winter with High Gas Prices are Set
- » Bulgaria: Natural Gas Price could Rise by about 3% in December
- » Five Neighborhoods in Sofia Without Heating and Hot Water until Tomorrow Night
- » Bulgaria: Additional Financial Assistance for Heating will be Provided
- » China is Increasing Coal Production. Calls on the Population to Stock Up on Food
- » Fuel Prices will Rise More by the End of the Year