2 Separate Rallies Interrupt Each Other in Sofia
Several hundred Bulgarians gathered in the capital Sofia to protest against the increased prices of fuels, electricity and water on Saturday.
The rally, organized under the slogan "Bulgaria Wants", could not follow its intended route in downtown Sofia, as another set of protesters occupied the space between the Presidency and the National Assembly.
The second rally was organized by independent MEP Slavi Binev and his new political project, Civic Movement for Real Democracy (GORD). It also gathered several hundred Bulgarians.
Participants of the "Bulgaria Wants" rally said they were disappointed, as they did not want to "stand alongside yet another political balloon," the BGNES news agency reports.
Meanwhile, Binev's "Independence Rally" demanded the resignation of the centrist-right GERB government.
Binev read a list of 17 questions and requests to the government. The listed is to be handed to the Cabinet and the office of President Rosen Plevneliev on Monday.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: BSP Demands Starting Talks with Russia on Sputnik V Vaccine Delivery
- » Bulgaria’s Deputy Prime Minister to Present National Recovery and Sustainability Plan before Parliament Recess
- » Bulgaria: Sofia Budget 2021 Adopted, Will Mayor Deliver on Promises?
- » Bulgaria: Remote Measuring Devices Become Mandatory as of 2027
- » Bulgarian Parliament Adopts Activity Report of Anti-Corruption Commission for Illegal Assets Forfeiture
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Spring Is Coming on Tiptoe