5 Burglars Arrested in Bulgaria in Special Police Ops
Five people have been arrested Saturday in the Sveti Vlas beach resort in Bulgaria in a special police operation codenamed "The Guest Performers."
The news was announced by Deputy Prime Minister and Interior Minister, Tsvetan Tsvetanov, cited by the Focus news agency.
During the arrest, made at 4:30 am, when the group was leaving a house at the resort, the police found two large travel bags filled with cash.
The detainees are identified as Marloan, 40, with a criminal record for 31 thefts, Iliyan AKA Dalgiya (The Toll), 38, with a rap sheet for theft, physical assault, and illegal weapon possession, another Iliyan nicknamed Mutsi, 43, with a criminal record for contraband and physical assault, Zhivomir, 37, a former Beret special task force serviceman, and Angel, 32, a current employee of the Penitentiary Department at the Justice Ministry.
A raid of the home of the latter yielded an AKA machine gun and a handgun with erased numbers and an illegally-owned police uniform. Two other handguns were found in the home of the former Beret.
The police followed the group for a while. They broke into the house 3 days ago when the owner was at a restaurant, but did not find any money. They were arrested during the second brake-in in the owner's absence.
The operation has been carried out in full secrecy by the police teams from Sofia and the Black Sea city of Burgas since Marloan has been known for bragging that he enjoyed strong protection by the police and the judiciary.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Ministry of Interior Will Investigate 14 Organ Transplant Surgeries in Lozenets Hospital
- » Belgian Army Deserter Nicknamed “Belgian Rambo” Found Dead after Month Search
- » Four Dead in Attack Against German Clinic
- » Bulgaria: Daring Robbery on Struma Highway in Pernik Region
- » Hollywood Action Hero Sylvester Stallone with Fake Bulgarian Passport, Found in a Police Operation
- » Crime: Mother Killed Her Own Two Children in Bulgarian Town of Sandanski