Bulgaria's Pork Prices Jump by 20% in 1 Week
Pork prices in Bulgaria have increased by 20% over the last week, reaching between BGN 7.4 (EUR 3.78) and BGN 9 per kilogram.
The drastic increase has been driven by upped fodder prices, local producers have explained.
Dobrin Papazov, chair of the Bulgarian Association of Swine Breeders, has told the Bulgarian National Television that prices are expected to go up by a further 10%.
He has reminded that pork prices have also increased in the rest of Europe.
Bulgaria is a net importer of pork, Papazov said, reminding that pork prices increased by 20% in Germany just two weeks ago.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Inspections of Fast Loan Companies are starting all over the country
- » Bulgaria: Natural Gas in June will become cheaper by 15% thanks to the Azeri Gas Interconnector
- » Bulgaria: The Budget Committee accepted the Budget Extension
- » Bulgarian National Bank: We are on the Final stretch on the Road to the Eurozone
- » Bulgaria imported over 55,000 tons of Fresh Vegetables and 66,000 tons of Fruit in January and February
- » Bulgaria fails to achieve Good Placement in Sustainable Tourism Ranking