Bulgaria's Pork Prices Jump by 20% in 1 Week
Pork prices in Bulgaria have increased by 20% over the last week, reaching between BGN 7.4 (EUR 3.78) and BGN 9 per kilogram.
The drastic increase has been driven by upped fodder prices, local producers have explained.
Dobrin Papazov, chair of the Bulgarian Association of Swine Breeders, has told the Bulgarian National Television that prices are expected to go up by a further 10%.
He has reminded that pork prices have also increased in the rest of Europe.
Bulgaria is a net importer of pork, Papazov said, reminding that pork prices increased by 20% in Germany just two weeks ago.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: How will Work on the Holidays be Paid
- » The Pandemic has made the Super-Rich even Richer
- » An Employer Fired 900 Employees on a Zoom Call
- » The Airport in Burgas reports 125% Growth of Passengers this Year
- » News on the Current Status of US Visa Services in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria: When will we Work and Rest in 2022