Bulgaria 2nd in EU by Annual Growth in Construction Production
Bulgaria is one of the three EU Member States to register an annual increase in production in the construction sector in July 2012, according to Eurostat data.
In the construction sector, production in Bulgaria grew by 3.0% in July 2012 as compared to July 2011.
Bulgaria is only preceded by Hungary, which scored a year on year increase of 7.7%, and is followed by Germany, where production in the construction sector went up by 2.2% on the year.
According to data of the EU's statistical office, the largest annual declines in production in July 2012 were registered in Slovenia (-18.3%), Portugal (-18.2%), Spain (-16.1), and Italy (-14.2%).
Compared to July 2011, production in July 2012 fell by 4.7% in the euro area and by 6.1% in the EU27.
In July 2012, building construction dropped by 4.6% year on year in the euro area and by 5.4% in the EU27.
Among the Member States for which data are available for July 2012, production in construction fell in ten and rose in five.
The largest declines were recorded in Italy (-2.2%), Spain (-2.1%), and Switzerland (-1.1%), while the highest increases were registered in Hungary (+8.7%), Germany (+1.9%), Bulgaria (+1.6%) and the Czech Republic (+1.6%).
In July 2012, production in the construction sector fell by 0.3% in the euro area and by 0.2% in the EU27 as compared to the previous month.
In July 2012, building construction declined by 0.8% on the month both in the euro area and in the EU27.
- » Bulgaria with a Record Export to Germany: What Do Germans Buy and Where Does it Go?
- » EU Online Gambling Landscape - Changes to Expect in 2019
- » Chinese Company Secures USD 135.5 Million for Bulgarian Port Project
- » Expert: Electricity Prices will Increase by 15% if KEVR Approves CEZ Proposal
- » Projects of over 4,600 Bulgarian Households under the Gasification Program have been Implemented
- » Bulgarian Tobacco Growers Received over BGN 80 Million