Sofia Metro Starts Tender for 3 New Stations
Metropoliten EAD has announced a public procurement for the construction of three new stations along Sofia's first metro line.
The three new subway stations are to be part of a planned 2.7 km extension of the first line reaching up to Business Park Sofia in the Mladost residential district.
Although the announcement does not specify an estimated value, the project is expected to be implemented using the EUR 55 M saved from the project for the extension of the same line from the Tsarigradsko Shose Blvd – Inter Expo Center station to Sofia Airport under the 'Transport' Operational Program plus no less than EUR 25 M in co-financing from the Sofia Municipality and the state budget.
The project is to be completed by the beginning of 2015.
The project has been divided into two sections which will be built by different contractors.
The first section is 1550 m long and includes two subway stations, one at the Alexander Malinov Blvd and the Andrey Lyapchev Blvd and one behind the HIT store.
The second section is 1070 m long with one subway station at the crossing of the Sofia ring road and Samar Str.
The second stretch also includes an underground parking lot with a capacity of 80 vehicles.
Bidders are to fie documents by November 12, when the bid opening is to take place.
Meanwhile, the construction of the subway section from the Tsarigradsko Shose Blvd to Sofia Airport is to start in the next three days.
The section is about 5 km long and includes 4 subway stations.
In end-August, 11 new stations of the second metro diameter were opened, connecting Sofia's Nadezhda residential district to the Cherni Vrah Blvd.
- » Bulgarian Hotel Managers: Increases of Prices of Vacations will Come Next Year
- » Bulgaria's E. Miroglio to Open Dika Fashion Stores in France
- » The Largest Strategic Blockchain Forum in Central and Eastern Europe - CEE Block Sofia
- » Bulgaria’s Allterco Robotics Joins Deutsche Telekom's Startup Innovation Programme
- » The Bulgarian Energy Holding is on its Way to take Commitments in the BEH Gas Case
- » Bulgaria's Lorex Production Base Put up for Sale by Bailiff