WEF Ranks Bulgaria among Top Brain Drain Countries
With a large and long-running emigration wave, Bulgaria is 127th in the world by brain drain, according to the World Economic Forum, WEF.
The data comes from the WEF Competitiveness report, including a total of 142 countries, with the last spot taken by the country with the most brain drain.
Bulgaria is right behind Bosnia and Herzegovina, while Albania, which traditionally has high emigration numbers, is 83rd.
Neighboring Greece, despite the suffocating debt crisis for several years now, is ahead of Bulgaria and ranks 119.
From the other Balkan countries, Croatia, Romania, Macedonia and Serbia are respectively 128, 131, 133, and 199.
Bulgaria, however, has moved 7 spots ahead in the education and qualifications ranking – from 70 to 63. The country has good indicators for the percentage of people with college degrees, internet access at schools, and mathematics curriculum. The negative assessments include the overall quality of the education system, school management, and training of staff.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria's External Debt Jumped to 45.1 Billion Euros
- » Due to Imports from Ukraine: 50% of Bulgarian Honey remains Unrealized
- » Bulgarian Grain Producers continue their Protest against the Import of Grain from Ukraine
- » "Bulgargaz" offers Gas with another 3% down
- » Bulgarian Grain Producers begin three days of Protest Action
- » Bulgaria, Greece and Italy bought Gas from Azerbaijan for 1.6 Billion Euros in January