WEF Ranks Bulgaria among Top Brain Drain Countries
With a large and long-running emigration wave, Bulgaria is 127th in the world by brain drain, according to the World Economic Forum, WEF.
The data comes from the WEF Competitiveness report, including a total of 142 countries, with the last spot taken by the country with the most brain drain.
Bulgaria is right behind Bosnia and Herzegovina, while Albania, which traditionally has high emigration numbers, is 83rd.
Neighboring Greece, despite the suffocating debt crisis for several years now, is ahead of Bulgaria and ranks 119.
From the other Balkan countries, Croatia, Romania, Macedonia and Serbia are respectively 128, 131, 133, and 199.
Bulgaria, however, has moved 7 spots ahead in the education and qualifications ranking – from 70 to 63. The country has good indicators for the percentage of people with college degrees, internet access at schools, and mathematics curriculum. The negative assessments include the overall quality of the education system, school management, and training of staff.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » “The Bulgarian Davos” Event will take place on December 14
- » Bulgarian Schools: Tests for On-site Studying have been provided for All Students starting December 6
- » The German Army will Send-Off Merkel with a Parade
- » Gazprom Increases Gas Supplies to Bulgaria by Nearly 44%
- » Bulgarian Minister of Finance: This year's Budget may End with even a small Surplus
- » Bulgaria’s Caretaker Government offers the minimum Wage to become BGN 710