Norway, Italy Envoys to Be Named Honorary Sofia Citizens
Norwegian Ambassador to Bulgaria Tove Skarstein and Italian Ambassador to the country Stefano Benazzo will be named honorary citizens of the capital Sofia on Monday, among others.
Skarstein will be honored for her key contribution towards several projects in Sofia, including the Museum Gallery of Modern Art and the National Library's digital center, local media remind.
Benazzo will be awarded for his active participation in Sofia's cultural life and his contribution for Sofia's candidacy for European Capital of Culture in 2019.
Artist and sculptor Alexandar Dyankov, singer Boris Gudjunov, former international basketball referee Valentin Lazarov, head of the Sofia Metropolitan company Stoyan Bratoev, composer and conductor Plamen Djouroff, architect Vasil Kitov and engineer Petar Mitanov will be also bestowed with honorary Sofia citizenship.
September 17 is St. Sofia Day, the Bulgarian capital's official holiday.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria – North Macedonia: No Progress in the Work of the Joint Historical Commission
- » US Ambassador to Bulgaria: We give you Gas at Excellent Prices, Direct Flights will be Restored
- » Russian Ambassador to Bulgarian PM: The Word “Corruption” addressed to Putin is an Insult
- » Bulgarian Foreign Minister: Our Position on North Macedonia will Not Change
- » Russia has Expelled another Bulgarian Diplomat
- » Russian Ambassador in Bulgaria: Neo-Nazism is Rising in a Number of European Countries