Bulgaria May Lose EUR 100 M in Rural Development Subsidies
Bulgarian stock breeders will be paid a total of BGN 120 – 140 M under all schemes related to livestock breeding in the period October 15 , 2012 – January 31, 2013, according to Rumen Porozhanov, executive director of the State Fund Agriculture (SFA).
Speaking Sunday in an interview for the Bulgarian National Rado (BNR), he specified that the payments were essential for stock breeders due to the dry spells in the summer and the scarce feed supplies.
Porozhanov noted that all of the agro-ecological payments (BGN 140 M, or double the amount absorbed in 2011) would be paid out in December.
"The largest share is of direct payments, which amount to EUR 500 M, with 5% of them earmarked for stock breeders. The remaining sum will go to agricultural producers with farmlands. They will get BGN 26.40 per decare," the SFA head stated.
"58% of the money granted under the Rural Areas Development Program has been contracted and 40% has been paid out," Porozhanov made clear.
He drew attention to the fact that a sum of EUR 350 M had to be paid out by end-2012 or the country would lose the money.
The SFA head warned that there was a risk of Bulgaria losing up to EUR 100 M under the Rural Development Program.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » EC is Preparing Criminal Proceedings against Bulgaria for Accessing Data from Criminal Record Certificates
- » The European Commission Started an Evaluation of the Bulgarian Recovery Plan
- » Nearly 60% of Bulgarians are Skeptical about Adopting the Euro
- » Bulgaria Is Late to Explain Its Position on N.Macedonia Says Diplomat
- » New German Government and Old Bulgarian "bad boy" Borissov
- » EC Opens Infringement Proceedings against 19 EU Member States, Including Bulgaria