Bulgaria Picks 'Sneakers' for Oscar for Best Foreign Language Film
Bulgaria's National Film Center has put forth " Ketsove" ("Sneakers") as the Bulgarian nomination for the US Academy Award for Best Foreign Language Film this year.
The Bulgarian movie has received huge acclaim over the last year, including the prestigious Moscow International Film Festival's Cinema clubs prize and diploma.
"Sneakers", the debut feature of young directors Ivan Vladimirov and Valeri Yordanov, tells the story of six young people trying escape from the failures in their families, love lives and ambitions, fleeing the big city to settle at the quiet sea coast.
The film exudes a contagious energy that reflects the zeitgeist of a generation, according to critics.
- » The Bulgarian "Cultural Reforms" Movement Begins a Series of Cultural Policy Forums
- » SKILLET in Sofia with First Solo Concert in Bulgaria!
- » The 11th Bulgarian Cinema Festival in Rome is Coming soon
- » The ANASTACIA Concert in Sofia is Canceled
- » IMANY with Two Big Concerts in Sofia and Plovdiv in June
- » Van Gogh Painting Sold for EUR 7 Million