Bulgarian Nationalists to Unite in Eve of 2013 Elections
Bulgarian nationalists are mulling the establishment of a large coalition to tackle the 2013 parliamentary elections.
The masterminds of the plan are the leaders of Ataka and VMRO, Volen Siderov and Krasimir Karakachanov. They and the leaders of some smaller formations are going to gather in Sofia on September 22 to discuss the details of the future formation with the goal to have a joint ballot for the general elections.
Polls show that such coalition can secure at least 12% of the vote or 35 Members of the Parliament, the Bulgarian Standard daily writes, citing the nationalists' leaders.
The idea has been launched by Siderov while Karakachanov issued this week an open letter calling on all patriotic and nationalist parties to unite.
In addition to Ataka and VMRO, some 8-9 other structures have voiced readiness to join the future "patriotic" block.
Karakachanov tells Standard that the date of the meeting, September 22, has been picked to coincide with the celebrations of the 104th anniversary of Bulgaria's Independence.
Also speaking for Standard, Siderov appealed to all to dedicate themselves to the common cause and forget personal ambitions.
The demographic crisis, education, healthcare, energy and foreign policy are the main pillars for unification. The parties have already launched joint initiatives such as protest rallies against the price hikes of electric power and of parking fees in downtown Sofia and celebrations of Bulgaria's Unification Day on September 6 in the second largest city of Plovdiv.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend