Saxe-Coburg's (Un)Founded Burst in Favor of the Belene NPP
As Bulgaria's internationally- and energy-disoriented Borisov Cabinet pretended to be surprised by Atomstroyexport's EUR 1 B claim over Belene NPP's termination, Bulgarian ex-Tsar-and-ex-PM Simeon Saxe-Coburg spokе from his oblivion.
Save for reminding about his somewhat forgotten existence, "his majesty" actually came up with an untypically well-founded statement on his re-launch of the Belene NPP back in 2002, and Bulgaria's need to keep developing nuclear energy.
What is more, for the first time the former Tsar criticized harshly, though "implicitly", as he might say, his former Chief Interior Secretary, and current successor, "General Borisov", about the plan to utilize Belene's site for "another purpose".
Well-rounded as it is, Saxe-Coburg's statement backing the Belene NPP reiterates arguments of the Bulgarian Socialist Party and the Russian state to the extent that one can easily believe allegations on the Tsar's ties to Russian interests.
Nonetheless, I'd dare agree on some points with the ex-Tsar-PM of the Bulgarian Republic: Bulgaria does need both nuclear energy, and non-partisan decisions.
Too bad those seem impossible as he, and other PMs - Kostov, Stanishev, Borisov - have been serving foreign energy interests (Russian, American, etc.) but not "the interests of the people" (as their oath stipulates).
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria in Crisis: How World’s Saddest Place Became Deadliest
- » Boyko Takov: How to Survive in Time of Pandemic, Useful Tips for Bulgarian companies from BSMEPA
- » IME: Bulgarian Government Chose the Easiest Way for Budget Relaxation
- » IFIMES: Bulgarian ‘Certification’ of Identity of Macedonians and Macedonian Language?
- » COVID-19: New Theory Suggests That Wearing a Mask Builds Immunity
- » Boyko Takov, BSMEPA: 90% of Companies in Bulgaria Are Micro, However Generating a Little Over 1/3 of Revenues in the Sector