Outgoing Norway Ambassador Bestowed Bulgaria's Highest Order
Norway's Ambassador to Bulgaria Tove Skarstein has been bestowed with the highest order of the country, Stara Planina first degree, as her term in office is about to expire.
"Ambassadors are a bit like the Roma people – we come, we walk around and, if we don't like it, we go," Skarstein said upon receiving the prestigious order, as cited by BGNES.
"But this was not the case with my term. Bulgaria remained in my heart and my thoughts," she added, promising to keep returning to the country.
The outgoing Ambassador pointed out that the start of her diplomatic term coincided with Bulgaria's EU accession.
"I arrived on the eve of a new era for Bulgaria, Norway and Europe as a whole," she noted.
Plevneliev pointed out that the relations between Bulgaria and Norway are now better than ever.
- » The President of the Macedonian Parliament Comes to Bulgaria to Vote on the Protocol
- » Bulgarian Foreign Minister: Bulgarian Visas Will be Issued in 15 Cities in India
- » Bulgarian President President Rumen Radev Will Participate in a Meeting with the Business in Haskovo.
- » Bulgarian Foreign Minister Participated in the Conference on Peace and Security in the Middle East
- » Bulgarian PM is on a Working Visit to Serbia
- » External Affairs Minister of India Will be on an Official Visit to Bulgaria