Outgoing Norway Ambassador Bestowed Bulgaria's Highest Order
Norway's Ambassador to Bulgaria Tove Skarstein has been bestowed with the highest order of the country, Stara Planina first degree, as her term in office is about to expire.
"Ambassadors are a bit like the Roma people – we come, we walk around and, if we don't like it, we go," Skarstein said upon receiving the prestigious order, as cited by BGNES.
"But this was not the case with my term. Bulgaria remained in my heart and my thoughts," she added, promising to keep returning to the country.
The outgoing Ambassador pointed out that the start of her diplomatic term coincided with Bulgaria's EU accession.
"I arrived on the eve of a new era for Bulgaria, Norway and Europe as a whole," she noted.
Plevneliev pointed out that the relations between Bulgaria and Norway are now better than ever.
- » Serbian Politician: Bulgarian Intelligence Officers Hinder Agreement with Kosovo
- » New Balkan Diplomatic Scandal Involving Bulgarian PM Borisov
- » 46 out 48 Projects Successfully Completed Within the Cooperation between Bulgaria and Macedonia
- » New over € 5 million will be Invested in the Border Region Between Bulgaria and Northern Macedonia
- » PM Borissov Expects Chinese Investments in the "Green" Economy of Bulgaria
- » PM Boyko Borissov Held a Meeting with a Delegation from China