Outgoing Norway Ambassador Bestowed Bulgaria's Highest Order
Norway's Ambassador to Bulgaria Tove Skarstein has been bestowed with the highest order of the country, Stara Planina first degree, as her term in office is about to expire.
"Ambassadors are a bit like the Roma people – we come, we walk around and, if we don't like it, we go," Skarstein said upon receiving the prestigious order, as cited by BGNES.
"But this was not the case with my term. Bulgaria remained in my heart and my thoughts," she added, promising to keep returning to the country.
The outgoing Ambassador pointed out that the start of her diplomatic term coincided with Bulgaria's EU accession.
"I arrived on the eve of a new era for Bulgaria, Norway and Europe as a whole," she noted.
Plevneliev pointed out that the relations between Bulgaria and Norway are now better than ever.
- » Prime Minister Borisov Participated in Asia-Europe Summit
- » President Rumen Radev Invited Queen Elizabeth II to Visit Bulgaria Next Year
- » Bulgaria’s President Rumen Radev is on a Visit to the UK
- » The Regional Ministries of Bulgaria and Macedonia will Sign a Memorandum of Understanding
- » Prime Minister Borisov Met with the British Ambassador to Bulgaria Emma Hopkins
- » Georgian and Bulgarian Foreign Ministries Have Held Political Consultations