Bulgaria's Burgas Entertained by Huge Fuel Reactor
The transportation of a giant fuel reactor for the Lukoil Neftochim refinery is going on for a second day in Bulgaria's Black Sea city of Burgas, much to the joy of local residents and visitors.
The equipment, moving at just 1-5 km/h, is expected to reach its destination by the end of Saturday.
The 57-m long, 9-m tall reactor weighing 1,656 tonnes is to be implemented at a new facility under construction in Neftochim.
It is placed on a platform with 240 wheels and an elaborate balancing system.
The whole adventure is filmed by a Discovery Channel team for a feature in the Mega Structures series.
On September 15, a second similar reactor is expected to make its presence in Burgas.
- » Three Earthquakes Registered in Greece
- » Today is the Student's Holiday, Celebrated in Bulgaria since 1903
- » Another Earthquake in Albania
- » Minister Desislava Taneva: There is no Salmonella-Infected Chicken on the Market
- » More than 140,000 People Died from Measles Globally Last Year
- » More than 75% of Households Have Internet Access