Vessels Blocked in Bulgarian Danube Due to Low Water
Over 40 river vessels have been blocked in the Bulgarian Danube port of Svishtov due to excessively low water levels in the end of summer.
Bulgaria's agency for maintenance of the river has warned that in the future weeks, ship traffic might have to be completely suspended.
There are 29 shallows in the Bulgarian stretch of the Danube river, with some of them becoming dangerous following dropped river levels due to little summer rain.
Many vessels have been also halted at the port of Ruse further downstream.
For 2011, losses from 4 summer months of low waters on the danube are estimated to reach above BGN 3 M.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Five EU countries including Bulgaria call on the EC to review the Imports from Ukraine
- » Bulgaria's External Debt Jumped to 45.1 Billion Euros
- » Due to Imports from Ukraine: 50% of Bulgarian Honey remains Unrealized
- » Bulgarian Grain Producers continue their Protest against the Import of Grain from Ukraine
- » "Bulgargaz" offers Gas with another 3% down
- » Bulgarian Grain Producers begin three days of Protest Action