4 Bulgarians Nabbed for Alcohol Bootlegging in Istanbul
Police in Istanbul has detained a group of 9 persons, 4 of them Bulgarian citizens, engaged in producing illegal liquor.
During the operation, the police checked 4 addresses in the Istanbul neighborhoods Kumburgaz, Avicalar and Kucukcekmece.
They found two facilities for alcohol destilation and two storages where they found 200,000 fake labels and excise tax bands, 63 cartons of ready alcohol, as well as 100,000 empty bottles and 20 barrels of ethyl alcohol.
The whole value of the produced bootleg alcohol is estimated at TRY 1 M.
There are suspicions that the Russian tourists who died in Turkish resort of Bodrum last year after fake liquor poisoning, might have consumed from the production of the detained group.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bank Robbery in Bulgaria's City Sandanski
- » Deputy Speaker of the 44th Bulgarian National Assembly and The Leader of "VOLYA" Party Veselin Mareshki Sentenced to 4 Years in Prison
- » Bulgarian Police Department: Six People Detained at the Protest Today
- » Police Operations in Several Places in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria: Police Investigation Into Deaths of a Brother and Sister Near Sofia
- » Bulgaria: A Scottish Man Killed in the Capital's Dragalevtsi District