Radioactive Device Stolen from Bulgarian Construction Site
A potentially dangerous device containing a radioactive chemical has been stolen from a construction site, local police authorities have alarmed.
The device in question is a gamma-defectoscope. The radioactive element it contains has a radioactivity of 10 Curie.
People may be exposed to radiation if the device is damaged.
The device is 25 x 10 cm in size and weighs about 5 kg.
It disappeared on Monday from a construction site used by Sofia's Central Heating Utility.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » NASA's Ingenuity Helicopter Prepares for First Flight on Mars
- » Pandemic’s Another Face – Disposable Masks Spark Surge in Global Ocean Pollution
- » Icelandic Volcano Erupts First Time in 900 Years, Attracts Thousands of Curious Onlookers
- » On 22 March We Celebrate Water – World Water Day 2021
- » Scientists: Mars Was Wet Planet Once, What Happened to Its Water?
- » Powerful Sandstorm coming from Mongolia Wraps Beijing in Apocalyptic-Looking Yellow Smog