Bulgarian Citizens Charged with Human Trafficking in Belgium
Ten Bulgarian citizens have been charged with human trafficking of women who have been forced into prostitution in the Belgian city of Liege.
Three Bulgarian citizens have been accused of heading the alleged prostitution ring – Hasan (41), Metodi (37) and Demir (40).
According to Belgian media, the three men have been staying illegally in the country. They now face up to seven years in prison.
There is a girls as young as 15 among their alleged drug trafficking victims.
According to prosecutors, the men's prostitution ring was active in Liege, Antwerp, Brussels and Sint-Truiden
The alleged organized crime gang was active between May 2010 and December 2011.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian Ruja Ignatova is in the Top 10 of the FBI's Most Wanted
- » After the First 13 - Three more Illegally Buried Bodies found near Bankya
- » Teenagers Attacked and Robbed a Postal Worker in Parvomai
- » Bulgaria: 16 Arrested in Smolyan region - Most of them were British Citizens
- » A Suspect of Terrorism has been Detained in Bulgaria at the Request of Norway
- » A Bulgarian is among the 10 Most Wanted Criminals in Spain