Bulgarian Citizens Charged with Human Trafficking in Belgium
Ten Bulgarian citizens have been charged with human trafficking of women who have been forced into prostitution in the Belgian city of Liege.
Three Bulgarian citizens have been accused of heading the alleged prostitution ring – Hasan (41), Metodi (37) and Demir (40).
According to Belgian media, the three men have been staying illegally in the country. They now face up to seven years in prison.
There is a girls as young as 15 among their alleged drug trafficking victims.
According to prosecutors, the men's prostitution ring was active in Liege, Antwerp, Brussels and Sint-Truiden
The alleged organized crime gang was active between May 2010 and December 2011.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Two Bulgarians are among those detained in a Drug Cartel broken up by Europol
- » Bulgaria: The Husband of the Murdered 28-year-old Mother of Two Children faces 20 Years in Prison
- » Bulgaria: Young Mother of Two was found Dead – Husband has been Arrested
- » Bulgaria: 12 Immigrants from Syria were Detained in Sofia in a Car with Serbian Registration
- » Bulgarian Interior Minister: Migrant Traffickers Fly at 200 km/h – Our Police Cars can’t Catch them!
- » Greece detained Bulgarians for defrauding Elderly People for over 260,000 euros