Berbatov Called Up for Bulgarian National Team, Coach Says
Dimitar Berbatov has been called up for Bulgaria's national team, Bulgaria coach Lyuboslav Penev has confirmed.
Penev has sent a call-up to Berbatov to play for Bulgaria in the World Cup qualifiers against Italy and Armenia on September 7 and September 11, it was reported earlier on Friday.
"That's true, a call-up has been sent. We have to have one more conversation, maybe the last one, with the player," the coach has now told reporters.
However, local media have noted that Berbatov's comeback to his home country's national team is not sure yet, as the striker may change his mind.
The call-up has been sent to Manchester United several days ago. If the 31-year-old signs a contract with Fulham, the Red Devils will have to forward it to his new club.
Dimitar Berbatov announced at the beginning of May 2010 his retirement from international football with immediate effect. He was captain of his country and scored a national record 48 goals in just 74 matches.
If no more dramatic twists take place on Friday, the prolific striker is set to complete his move to Fulham.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Former Football Star Berbatov Official Candidate for President of Bulgarian Football Union
- » Special Bets from Palms Bet - How to Bet on Duels and Specials?
- » Football: First Victory for Bulgaria in 2022 World Cup Qualifications
- » Sofia to become "World Capital of Sport" for 2024
- » Russia May apply for Hosting Olympic Games in 2036
- » Bulgaria’s National Football Team took a Point against the European Champion