Turkish Travelers Congest Bulgarian-Serbian Border Crossing
A large number of travelers from Turkey have congested the traffic at the largest Bulgarian-Serbian border crossing – Kalotina / Gradina, the Bulgarian Border Police announced.
"The traffic through the Kalotina border crossing point is extremely busy," reads the statement of the Bulgarian Border Police issued Friday afternoon.
The traffic jam started at around noon, with many Turkish guest workers returning from Turkey to Western Europe, the border police say, adding that the processing of the vehicles at the Serbian border crossing Gradina is going very slowly, which slows down the letting through of the travelers on the Bulgarian side of the border.
The road between the Bulgarian and the Serbian border crossings is said to be entirely congested with vehicles, with the Bulgarian crossing Kalotina having opened two additional routes.
The police recommend to the travelers using the Kalotina route to use the early morning when the traffic is not that jammed.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian Speaker of Parliament: North Macedonia should Not Waste Time but should fulfill the Criteria for EU Membership
- » Bulgaria’s MFA on Kovachevski's words: Any Analogy with the Suffering of the Ukrainian people is Cynical and Inadmissible
- » Bulgaria’s Foreign Minister urged India to influence Russia to End the War against Ukraine
- » North Macedonia explained why a Bulgarian MEP was not allowed to enter the country
- » The Macedonian MFA: Bulgarian MEP Kovachev does not meet the Conditions for Entry into the Country
- » North Macedonia did not allow a Bulgarian MEP to enter the country