Wage Talks Key for Berbatov's Move to Fulham
Fulham's bid to snap up Manchester United's Dimitar Berbatov rests on crunch talks over the player's wage demands, according to British media.
Berbatov's current wage is allegedly GBP 100 000 a month, which would be way beyond Fulham's means, The Evening Standard has pointed out.
Several clubs, including West Ham and Spain's Real Sociedad, have already dropped the race for the prolific Bulgarian forward, as they cannot afford his lucrative salary.
On Wednesday, Berbatov made a surprising move by snubbing Italy's Fiorentina, as his transfer there seemed completely sure. He is also believed to have rejected a
Berbatov is known to want to remain in England for family reasons and that might give Fulham the upper hand in the race to sign him – provided they have the money.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Who Are Bulgaria’s Opponents in Their Euro 2024 Qualifying Campaign?
- » Russia received an Invitation to Play in the Central Asian Football Association
- » Djokovic was not Allowed into the US without a COVID-19 Vaccine
- » Bulgarian Albert Popov Recorded a Historic Ranking with his First Podium in the Skiing World Cup
- » English Greyhound Derby 2023: Who Will Claim the Crown?
- » Who Are the Favorites for the 2023 Cheltenham Festival Championship Races?