UK Media: Fulham Won War for Berbatov
The Fulham football club "won the war" for Bulgarian star striker and now-former Manchester United player Dimitar Berbatov.
The news was reported by the Bulgarian sports portal Gong.bg, citing Manchester Evening News.
After a turbulent day Wednesday, the striker is, reportedly, either on the brink of signing a contract with the UK Fulham, or has already signed it.
Berbatov, 31, was widely believed to be set to become a player for Fiorentina, Florence, but never even reached the city for negotiations. In the aftermath, the Florence football blasted the Bulgarian, saying he did not deserve their jersey, and accused the Turin-based Juventus of trying to steal the player under their nose.
Juventus Director General Giuseppe Marotta rejected the accusations, saying his team made the offer only after learning that Berbatov has decided to not join Fiorentina. Marotta was the one to reveal the interest from the London club, giving family reasons as grounds for Berbatov's decision in favor of Fulham.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » World Cup: The Most Iconic Performances of All-Time
- » World Cup 2022: Riots in Belgium and the Netherlands after Morocco's Victory
- » World Cup 2022: Japan with a memorable Comeback - Stun Germany 2-1
- » World Cup 2022 sensation: Saudi Arabia defeated Argentina
- » Qatar 2022: Iran's Players refused to sing their National Anthem
- » The World is Football! World Cup 2022 in Qatar begins