UK Media: Fulham Won War for Berbatov
The Fulham football club "won the war" for Bulgarian star striker and now-former Manchester United player Dimitar Berbatov.
The news was reported by the Bulgarian sports portal Gong.bg, citing Manchester Evening News.
After a turbulent day Wednesday, the striker is, reportedly, either on the brink of signing a contract with the UK Fulham, or has already signed it.
Berbatov, 31, was widely believed to be set to become a player for Fiorentina, Florence, but never even reached the city for negotiations. In the aftermath, the Florence football blasted the Bulgarian, saying he did not deserve their jersey, and accused the Turin-based Juventus of trying to steal the player under their nose.
Juventus Director General Giuseppe Marotta rejected the accusations, saying his team made the offer only after learning that Berbatov has decided to not join Fiorentina. Marotta was the one to reveal the interest from the London club, giving family reasons as grounds for Berbatov's decision in favor of Fulham.
- » Discover These Beautiful Golf Courses In Bulgaria, Perfect For A Tee Time When You Visit
- » Bulgarian Paralympic Team wins two Gold on Day 1 of Dubai 2019 World Para Championship
- » Grigor Dimitrov Will Play for Bulgaria Again
- » Paralympian Hristiyan Stoyanov with Gold Medal from Dubai
- » Grigor Dimitrov Is in the World Rankings Top 20 Again
- » Kubrat Pulev: I’m Ready to Fight with Tyson Fury Every Day, I’m in my Best Shape