Car Falls on Railroad Tracks, Halts Sofia-Kulata Trains
A young man is listed in critical condition after a car fell on railroad tracks in southern Bulgaria.
Trains serving the line between the capital Sofia and Kulata on the Greek border were stopped overnight due to the incident, which happened after 10:30 pm Wednesday near the town of Simitli.
A Volvo car with four young men travelled on the bridge above the railroad before making a sharp turn and falling on the tracks from 5-meter height.
The most seriously injured individual has been taken to the Sofia emergency Pirogov hospital with numerous fractures and a brain injury. The others are listed in the hospital in the southwestern city of Blagoevgrad.
The cause of the incident remains unknown.
The trains were halted until the vehicle was removed from the tracks.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: There are 34 Active Fires in the Country, the Situation in Most Places is Under Control
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 1,636 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » The Extinguishing of Fires all over Bulgaria Continues - “Maritsa” Highway will be Closed
- » Bulgaria: No more Masks in Some Places from Tomorrow - See Where they Remain Mandatory
- » Which are the Most Popular but Expensive Destinations to Study Abroad
- » Bulgaria: A Landslide on the Beach in Albena Buried a Man and a Woman - They are Alive