Israel Inciting Hatred against Iran in Bulgaria, Iranian Embassy Says
Israel is systematically inciting hatred for Iran in the Bulgarian public, the Iranian Embassy in Sofia declared in a statement referring to the Sofia Synagogue remembrance of the July 18 Burgas Bus Bombing victims held a day earlier.
"The public in Bulgaria has recently witnessed the abuses of representatives of the Zionist regime for discrediting the Islamic Republic of Iran and creating problems in the historic and friendly relations between Iran and Bulgaria," the Iranian Embassy stated Wednesday.
"That is why they are doing everything within their reach, and are trying to create concern and unrest in the public by raising unfounded and absurd accusations against Iran," it adds.
The statement of the Iranian Embassy in Sofia cites the speech made by Israeli Deputy PM and Minister of Strategic Affairs Moshe Ya'alon in the Sofia Synagogue during Tuesday night's memorial on the 40th day since the terrorist attack in Bulgaria's Burgas that killed five Israeli tourists and one Bulgarian, in which Ya'alon spoke about "Islamic terrorism".
"The usage of the made-up term "Islamic terrorism" in the speech of the so called Deputy PM of the Zionist regime in the Sofia Synagogue, and the accusations of terrorism against Islam, which is a religion of peace and love for humankind, is in continuation of the policy followed by the Zionists for inciting war between the followers of the Godly religions," states further the Iranian Embassy.
Tehran's diplomatic mission adds, however, that the Bulgarian people is "fully aware of the usurping, bellicose, and deadly nature of the Zionist regime, and is not deluded by the ramblings of this regime's representatives", with "atrocities in the occupied territories" said to be "in front of everyone's eyes", and needing "no proof".
The Iran Embassy also slams Israel with respect to the Iranian nuclear program and Israel alleged possession of nuclear weapons.
"The storing of large amounts of nuclear weapons and the lack of access for the inspectors of the International Atomic Energy Agency to the nuclear installations of the Zionist regime is clear and firm evidence for the unreliability of their lies regarding Iran's peaceful nuclear activities," it states.
The statement concludes by accusing Israel of seeking to incite insecurity and instability, and threatening international peace.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria’s Ambassador to UK Marin Raykov: The Absence of Bulgaria From The UK's Non-Quarantine List is Abnormal
- » Bulgaria's PM Boyko Borissov Sends Congratulatory Address to US President Donald Trump on US Independence Day
- » Bulgaria's PM Borissov and Serbian President Vucic Inspected Balkan Stream Construction
- » Bulgaria Asks Committee on Resolving Historical Issues with North Macedonia
- » Presidents Rumen Radev and Salome Zourabichvili Discussed Bulgaria’s and Georgia’s Readiness to Boost Bilateral Trade after the Coronavirus
- » Head of State Rumen Radev Discussed with his Serbian Counterpart President Aleksandar Vucic Overcoming the Crisis Caused by the Coronavirus