Bulgarian Police Bust 4 Iraqis, Iranian Trafficker at Serbian Border
The Bulgarian border police have detained four Iraqis and an Iranian trafficker attempting to cross the border into Serbia, the Interior Ministry announced Wednesday.
The five men were detected by officers from the Border Police unit in the town of Dragoman, west of Sofia.
They were arrested just 10 meters away from the border with Serbia, in an apparent attempt to cross illegally.
Three of the four Iraqis were found to be currently applying for a refugee status in Bulgaria, while the fourth has already been denied a refugee status by the Bulgarian authorities.
The 53-year-old Iranian trafficker has a legal permit to reside in Bulgaria. The police found that the men paid EUR 400 each in advance to another person who organized the trafficking, and is now being wanted.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Europol Discovered an International Criminal Group for Financial Fraud Operating in Bulgaria
- » 1 Tonne of Cocaine destined for Bulgaria was seized in Colombia
- » Bulgarian Prosecution accuses GDFOC of Unprecedented Pressure on the “Hemus” Investigation
- » Double Homicide in Varna
- » A 17-year-old Bulgarian was Killed in a Shootout in Copenhagen
- » "Information Service" for Green Certificates: We Repelled the biggest Cyber Attack in Bulgaria