Bulgarian Military Dispatches Fresh Forces against Wildfires
The Bulgarian military has sent in new detachments of land and air forces to tackle the major wildfires raging in Bulgaria on Wednesday.
A large military detachment of infantry troops has been sent to tackle the wildfire in the Rila Mountain, in the Beli Bor region, which has been raging for several days, the Defense Ministry announced.
The Beli Bor wildfire has engulfed a highly inaccessible spot necessitating fresh reinforcements.
At the same time, the army has also sent another detachment, but coupled with armored vehicles, to help put out a wildfire between the villages of Razdel and Valcha Polyana in the Yambol District.
One of the Mi-17 helicopters of the Bulgarian Air Force has also been dispatched on the spot.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Defense Minister: There is No Request to Increase the Bulgarian Contingent in Kosovo
- » Bulgaria’s Defense Minister: The Defensive Shield-23 Exercise achieved its Goals of assembling a Multinational Battalion
- » The Minister of Defense: There are no Bulgarian soldiers in Ukraine
- » A Wagner mercenary with a Medal from Putin was Arrested in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria: Military Parade on the Day of the Bulgarian Army (PHOTOS and VIDEO)
- » Do not be Alarmed: Military Helicopters and Planes will fly low over Sofia today