Bulgaria Sees 5% Increase in Foreign Tourist Numbers July 2012 Y/Y
Bulgaria registered a 5.0% year on year increase in its number of tourist visitors from abroad in July 2012, according to Bulgaria's National Statistical Institute.
As Economy Minister Delyan Dobrev declared on Friday, the country is confident that it would see an increase in its inflow of foreign tourists in 2012.
In July, the total number of arrivals of visitors from abroad to Bulgaria increased by 4.5% year on year, the statistics also shows.
The visits of EU citizens composed the greatest relative share of the total number of foreigners visited Bulgaria in July - 64.1%, followed by these from the other European countries - 28.3%.
In comparison with the same month of the previous year, the arrivals of visitors from EU member states increased by 0.2%. A significant increase was observed in the visits of the citizens from Greece - by 10.5%, Italy - by 6.8% and France - by 5.2%. However a drop in the visits from Denmark - by 7.9%, Slovakia - by 4.7% and United Kingdom - by 4.5% was registered.
- » BDZ Provides Nearly 8,000 Extra Seats For the Holiday Weekend
- » Wizz Air is the Best Low Cost Airline of the Year According to the European Aviation Awards
- » On Independence Day: BDZ Launches Retro Train
- » Bulgaria Is the Third Most Attractive Destination for Foreigners in the Region
- » Turkish Airlines Adds Direct Flights to the Vietnamese Cities of Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City
- » There Will Be Three New Destinations from Bulgaria in the Airlines' Winter Schedule