Strong Quake Jolts El Salvador, Tsunami Warning Canceled
A powerful earthquake measuring 7.4 on the Richter scale shook El Salvador's coast on Monday, briefly prompting a tsunami warning.
The quake struck late on Sunday local time, some 111 km (68 miles) offshore, according to the US Geological Survey.
Initial reports said it caused no major damage or casualties.
The Pacific Tsunami Warning Center issued and subsequently cancelled its tsunami alert for El Salvador, Costa Rica, Nicaragua, Honduras, Guatemala, Panama and Mexico.
The Pacific Tsunami Warning Center initially said that the earthquake had spawned a potentially destructive tsunami. However, later reports said the tsunami was much smaller than initially projected, international media inform.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Day 459 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Another Russian attack before Kyiv Day
- » There is a Deal in Principle on the US Debt Ceiling
- » Day 458 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Russia is preparing a Simulation of an Accident at the Zaporizhzhia NPP according to Kyiv
- » Turkey will Vote for the first time in a Presidential Runoff
- » Germany to Transfer its “Patriot” Systems from Slovakia to Lithuania
- » The Situation in Northern Kosovo is Calm - Vucic no longer Leader of his Party