It's Verdict Time for Mass Murderer Breivik
Norway's Oslo District Court (Oslo tingrett) is to deliver its verdict in the trial of notorious mass murderer Anders Behring Breivik on Friday.
The panel of five trial judges will have to rule on Breivik's sanity when they deliver their verdict.
Their conclusion will determine whether he is given a long prison sentence or sent to a secure psychiatric ward, BBC has reminded.
Brevik has asked to be considered sane, claiming he "acted to stop a Muslim invasion" as he murdered a total of 77 innocent people back in July 2011.
The lead defense attorney for Breivik said on the eve of his client's sentencing that Breivik had repeated claims he would not appeal a court ruling that finds him sane and able to be sent to prison.
The mass murderer planted a bomb in Oslo's government center and then went on a shooting rampage in a children's camp on nearby island of Utoya in July 2011.
The children's camp was hosted by the ruling Labor Party.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Montenegro has the Cheapest Fuel in the Balkans
- » The EU grants 1.61 Billion Euros to Bulgaria
- » Liz Truss's Conservative Government takes U-turns on plan to scrap 45p Tax Rate
- » Inflation in Turkey exceeded 83%
- » Day 222 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Breakthrough in Kherson, Both Sides accuse each other of Shelling
- » Day 221 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Russians withdraw from Lyman, Zelensky vows for more Recaptured Territories