It's Verdict Time for Mass Murderer Breivik
Norway's Oslo District Court (Oslo tingrett) is to deliver its verdict in the trial of notorious mass murderer Anders Behring Breivik on Friday.
The panel of five trial judges will have to rule on Breivik's sanity when they deliver their verdict.
Their conclusion will determine whether he is given a long prison sentence or sent to a secure psychiatric ward, BBC has reminded.
Brevik has asked to be considered sane, claiming he "acted to stop a Muslim invasion" as he murdered a total of 77 innocent people back in July 2011.
The lead defense attorney for Breivik said on the eve of his client's sentencing that Breivik had repeated claims he would not appeal a court ruling that finds him sane and able to be sent to prison.
The mass murderer planted a bomb in Oslo's government center and then went on a shooting rampage in a children's camp on nearby island of Utoya in July 2011.
The children's camp was hosted by the ruling Labor Party.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Russia has declared the Nord Stream Leaks “State Terrorism” and turned its attention to the US
- » Day 219 of the Invasion of Ukraine: "Treaty" and a Concert in Moscow, Putin begins the Annexation of Occupied Regions
- » 19 People Dead after Blast at Educational Centre in Kabul
- » Tomorrow Putin will Sign the Annexation Agreements of One Fifth of Ukraine
- » Taliban sign deal for Russian Oil, Gas and Wheat at Discounted Rate
- » Day 218 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Half of the Nord Stream Gas Leaked into the Baltic Sea