Bulgaria to Open New Section of Its Trakiya Highway
The 17 km section of Bulgaria's Trakiya highway from the Southeastern town of Yambol to the key Petolachkata junction is to be opened over the upcoming weekend, Bulgarian Regional Development Minister Lilyana Pavlova has revealed.
Bothe carriageways will be functional on Sunday, Pavlova has told the Btv channel.
The Regional Development Minister has noted that there are currently no gas stations or lavatories along the new highway section, which would prove to be an inconvenience.
Land appropriation issues are the main reason for that, she explained. However, she said she hoped the business would eventually step in to invest in the missing infrastructure.
The deadline to finish Lot 4 of Trakiya Highway in southern Bulgaria is scheduled to be open no later than February 2013. Thus, the highway is expected to be fully completed by then.
The project to build Lots 2, 3, and 4 of the highway is co-financed by the cohesion funds of the European Union through Transport Operational Program 2007 – 2013.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Moody's confirmed the Credit Rating of Bulgaria and Predicts Postponement of the Euro
- » TPP ContourGlobal Maritsa 3 produced over 12% of the Electricity in Bulgaria in 2022
- » Bulgarian Financier: Adoption of the Euro will Not Raise Prices
- » Bulgaria allowed the Export to Ukraine of Petroleum Products obtained from Russian Crude Oil
- » Bulgargaz offers a Gas Price of BGN 124.35/MWh for February
- » The Construction of the Bulgarian Route of the Gas Connection with Serbia has Started