Bulgarian Flat Glass Plant Fined over Air Pollution
The Regional Inspectorate of Environment and Water in the northeastern city of Shumen has fined a flat glass plant located near Targovishte with nearly BGN 24 000.
Trakiya Glass Bulgaria, which is part of Turkish industrial giant Sisecam, was fined over air pollution.
The fine was mentioned on the website of Bulgaria's Ministry of Environment and Water as part of a factsheet listing the inspections carried out by regional units in July.
The air pollution tip-off was given within the "Eco Signal"initiative of the environmental watchdog in Shumen.
Under the initiative, 37 local and illegal landfills in the municipalities of Kaolinovo, Omurtag, Antonovo, Targovishte and Venets were cleared.
The illegal dumps spanned a total territory of over 22 decares.
Bulgarian regional inspectorates of environment and water imposed fines worth a total of BGN 457 425 in July.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » World Bee Day - Opportunity to Discuss the Challenges of Bee Preservation and Activities for their Survival
- » The European Court of Justice has Sued Bulgaria for its Air Quality
- » Earth Day 2022: Saving the Planet
- » Bulgaria’s Recovery and Sustainability Plan has been finally approved by Brussels
- » Orange Code for Stormy and Strong Winds in Bulgaria
- » Svilengrad on its Way to Becoming the First Bulgarian Zero Waste Certified City