Suspected Accomplice in Burgas Bus Bombing Recognized - Report
A man from the southern Bulgarian city of Plovdiv has recognized the suspected accomplice of the suicide bomber who staged the July 18 Burgas bus bombing.
The terror attack staged at the Sarafovo Airport in Burgas killed seven, including five Israeli tourists, the Bulgarian bus driver, and a suspected suicide bomber.
According to the witness, the man from the computer-generated image released by the Interior Ministry is a Bulgarian, who was involved with people preaching radical Islam.
The police are investigating the new lead, according to reports of private TV station bTV.
The Plovdiv citizen claims he worked with the suspected accomplice for five years and recognized him by the photo distributed in newspapers.
Ashim Asan fails to remember the name of his colleague but says that he is a Bulgarian from the southwestern district of Gotse Delchev.
Asan says that the suspect was involved with people preaching radical Islam, who were buying schools in the Rhodope Mountains.
"They are buying schools, they are building mosques. It was mostly the locals who were organizing things – Pomaks, Roma, Turkish, it makes no difference...They were in charge in some sections and they kept the cash flow moving," the witness adds.
Asan is one of the leaders in the Stolipinovo Roma borough in Plovdiv, according to Trud daily.
He has a foundation and his name has been repeatedly involved in scandals.
He is now serving a term at the Plovdiv prison for battery.
Plovdiv police commented that the State Agency for National Security (DANS) checked every signal about the terror attack.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: 12 Migrants crammed into a Car were Detained in the Harmanlii village of Bulgarin
- » Bulgaria: A Man Killed his Wife and Daughter, then took His Own Life
- » Action in Bulgaria: Police Chase and Shooting near a Business Building in Sofia - A Boy was Killed
- » Bulgaria’s Interior Minister: There is Still No Suspect for the Murder of Alexei Petrov
- » Bulgaria: A Man Beat a Woman he lives with in Svishtov and Cut her Hair
- » Bulgarian Police caught a Large Group of Migrants near Kazichene