Bulgaria Lashes Out at Pussy Riot Sentence
The Bulgarian Ministry of Foreign Affairs has issued an official statement expressin "disappointment" at the sentences received in Russia by punk band Pussy Riot.
The statement calls "disproportionate" the 2-year prison sentences of the three young women for breaking public order and singing punk songs in one of Moscow's main cathedrals.
"Art seeks provocation, but this ought not to become an occasion for punitive repression," advises the Bulgarian Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
"Freedom of expression is a principal value in democratic societies," further recalls the Bulgarian diplomatic institution.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Russia’s New Ambassador Assumes High Office in Sofia in February
- » Bulgarian Government Allots EUR 100,000 for Quake-Stricken Croatia
- » Moscow Strikes Back: Bulgarian Top Diplomat Expelled from Russia
- » Bulgaria Ready to Help North Macedonia with Vaccines
- » Russian Military Attaché Accused of Spying Left Bulgaria
- » India, UK Hold Bilateral Discussions on UNSC Agenda