Sofia Soviet Army Monument Soldiers 'Wear' Hoods
The soldiers of the monument of the Soviet Army in downtown Bulgaria capital Sofia "woke up" Friday morning to wearing colorful hoods, in what is their latest painting.
The authors of the street art remain unknown.
In the last few years the Monument has been subject of heated arguments between those who want it to be dismantled and those who support its existence in the very heart of Sofia.
The most famous "decoration" of the monument so far happened in June 2011when a group of street artists painted the bronze figures of Soviet soldiers to represent various US pop culture characters, turning them into The Joker, Wolverine, Santa, Superman, Ronald McDonald, Captain America, Robin, and Wonder Woman, among others.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » It’s Final: Introduction of New COVID Measures in Sofia
- » Omicron is Overwhelming Hospitals according to Data from other Countries
- » Bulgaria: Deputies and Experts discussed the Draft Law on Protection from Domestic Violence
- » Bulgarian Doctor: Pills cannot Win the Battle with the Pandemic
- » Bulgaria: Payment of BGN 75 Supplement to Vaccinated Pensioners Starts on February 1
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Snow all over the Country