Sofia Airport Serviced 335 000 Passengers in July 2012
Sofia Airport serviced a total of 335 292 passengers in July 2012, the same level as in 2011.
In July 2012, passengers traveling to domestic destinations increased by 6%, or 26 933 passengers, according to Sofia Airport's press office.
Business travels increased by 31% year on year.
A total of 4106 airplanes departed and landed at Sofia Airport in July 2012, down by 213 from the same period in 2011.
Despite the stabilization observed in the beginning of 2012, the number of flights is still below the level of 2011.
A similar trend is observed at most European airports as a result of the more complicated economic situation and the ongoing restructuring of a number of airline companies.
In July 2012, Sofia Airport processed 1441 tons of cargo and postal shipments, as compared to 1435 tons in July 2011.
Air shipments carried on specialized cargo aircraft increased by 24% over the period.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria fails to achieve Good Placement in Sustainable Tourism Ranking
- » Bulgaria: Burgas ranks as the Twentieth-Best City for a Scenic Drive
- » In April: Bulgarians Traveled the most to Neighboring Countries
- » Bulgaria: No more Dogs on the Beach in Varna
- » Summer Holiday in Bulgaria: Visitors can now Prepay Online for Umbrellas and Sunbeds on the Beach
- » Bulgaria expects 13 million Foreign Tourists in 2023