Leader of Ethnic Albanians in Macedonia Dies
Arben Xhaferi, one of the leaders of the ethnic Albanians in Macedonia, passed away on Wednesday.
Xhaferi has been the honorary chairman of the Democratic Party of Albanians (DPA), and has been known as one of the moderate leaders of the large ethnic Albanian community in Macedonia.
He died at 16.00 pm local time, as confirmed by the medical authorities in Skopje, after he was hospitalized for suffering a stroke.
Arben Xhaferi is former leader of the DPA and one of the signatories of the Ohrid Framework Agreement, which ended several months of ethnic conflict in Macedonia in 2001.
The 64-year-old Xhaferi had been suffering from Parkinson's disease for years.
- » Series of Attacks in Churches and Hotels in Sri Lanka over Easter, the Victims are over 100
- » Catholics and Armenians Цelebrate the Resurrection of Christ
- » Mogherini: In June, North Macedonia and Albania will Start Negotiations with the EU
- » Scientists have Discovered the Earliest Molecule in the Universe
- » The US and China Want to Sign the Trade Agreement By the End of May
- » The EP: Stronger EU Borders With a New Standing Corps of 10000 Border Guards