Bulgaria Slates Millions to Boost Regional Tourism
Bulgarian regions must advertise their tourist attractions because the country has wonderful sites that remain unknown for the public at large.
The statement was made by Regional Minister, Lilyana Pavlova, cited by the Focus news agency.
Pavlova, who is on a visit Monday to the northeastern city of Dobrich, said even places with good infrastructure are not promoted enough, adding municipal tourist projects with vision and strategy will receive priority approval and financing.
She reported that the State has slated BGN 30 M for advertisements of Bulgarian tourism and for developing tourist infrastructure.
The program "Support for the Development of Regional Tourist Products and Destination Marketing" gives opportunities for three municipalities to join together in receiving about BGN 0.5 M for this goals, according to the Minister, who stressed they would be very important in giving the regions a chance to be showcased abroad as tourist destinations.
Pavlova is in Dobrich to officially present funding for 21 municipalities to be used to define their tourist potential and products and take part in international tourist exchanges. The Ministry has received another 49 projects and has approved 28 for financing. It has an additional resource of BGN 6 M that could be given to other municipalities wishing to apply.
The deadline for the applications is September 28.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria fails to achieve Good Placement in Sustainable Tourism Ranking
- » Bulgaria: Burgas ranks as the Twentieth-Best City for a Scenic Drive
- » In April: Bulgarians Traveled the most to Neighboring Countries
- » Bulgaria: No more Dogs on the Beach in Varna
- » Summer Holiday in Bulgaria: Visitors can now Prepay Online for Umbrellas and Sunbeds on the Beach
- » Bulgaria expects 13 million Foreign Tourists in 2023