Romney Confirms Paul Ryan as Election Running Mate
US Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney has announce his running mate in the November election will be Paul Ryan.
Romney unveiled his vice-presidential running mate at a campaign event in Norfolk, Virginia.
The Romney campaign website dubbed the duo "America's Comeback Team."
The Romney-Ryan tandem first appeared together Saturday at an event on a former battleship, USS Wisconsin, which is docked in Norfolk.
Paul Ryan himself is a US Member of Congress from Wisconsin, and is serving on the House's Ways and Means committee.
He has worked on a number of deep reform proposals for the US tax system, which are according to critics designed to benefit the wealthy.
"In January 2010, Ryan gained attention nationwide after unveiling his" Roadmap for America’s Future," a proposal to eliminate the federal deficit, reform the tax code, and preserve entitlements for future generations," reads the official GOP release.
After Saturday, the US Republican Party presidential candidate will set off on a four-state bus campaign trip.
Recent opinion polls suggest the former Massachusetts governor is locked in a close race with US President Barack Obama for the November 6 vote.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Turkey will Block the Accession of Sweden and Finland to NATO
- » Lavrov: With the arrival of Scholz, Germany lost the last Signs of Independence
- » The Red Cross has accused Europe of "Double Standards" with Ukrainian Refugees
- » Colonel on Russia TV1: The Whole World is Against Us
- » Hungary is Not Giving In to the Oil Embargo Against Russia, Asks EU for up to €18 Billion
- » European Fashion Council with a Historic Contribution to the United Europe