30% of Sofia Municipality Lacks Access to Sewerage Systems
Sofia Mayor Yordanka Fandakova has drawn attention to the fact that around 30% of the territory of the Sofia Municipality is not connected to a sewerage system, which is a problem for the people living there.
Yordanka Fandakova and Environment Minister Nona Karadzhova signed Wednesday in the town of Bankya three contracts for building a sewer network and collectors on the territory of the Sofia Municipality.
The three projects have a total price tag of BGN 114 M.
In two years' time, until end-2014, a total of 54 kilometers of sewer networks and 18 kilometers of water pipes are to be built in Sofia, according to reports of the Bulgarian Telegraph Agency (BTA).
"I am very grateful to Minister Nona Karadzhova, who has been touring the country these days like Santa Claus, giving out money. These are EU grants," Fandakova emphasized.
She reminded that 64 kilometers of sewer networks had been built in Sofia in the past few years and some 200 kilometers of water pipes had been replaced.
In two years' time, Sofia's residential districts of Gorublyane, Nadezhda, Ovcha Kupel and Gorna Banya are to get functioning sewerage systems, while the residential districts of Simeonovo and Suhodol are to get sewerage collectors.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian iGaming Industry enjoying American Expansion
- » Bulgarian-Turkish Business Forum brought Together over 300 Businesses and Organizations in Burgas
- » Bulgaria has Paid almost 400 Million Euros for the Import of Azeri Gas
- » Bulgarian-Turkish Business Forum opens Today in Burgas
- » Unfair Import of Millions of Eggs from Ukraine: Bulgarian Producers
- » Balchik- Increasingly Popular Destination on the Bulgarian Black Sea Coast