Bulgarian President Flying Back and Forth to London (Olympics)
Bulgarian President Rosen Plevneliev is flying back to the UK capital on Wednesday even though he already made a visit to London at the onset of the 2012 Olympics.
On August 9, Plevneliev will have a meeting with CEOs of financial institutions which is organized by the Lord Mayor of the City of London David Wooten, the Bulgarian Presidency announced Wednesday, adding that the meeting will focus on the economic situation in Europe, the future of the euro zone, and the potential tax on financial transactions in the EU.
Bulgaria's President will also visit the Tech City UK hi-tech cluster, and will have a meeting with UK Foreign Secretary William Hague.
Plevneliev will be with the Bulgarian Olympic athletes for a reception hosted by the Bulgarian Olympic Committee.
The Bulgarian Head of State will watch the Track and Field and Rhythmic Gymnastics events and will be present for the performance of Bulgaria's female wrestler and biggest hope for gold, Stanka Zlateva, and of marathon swimmer, Petar Stoychev.
The President will also attend the official closing ceremony of the Games, and the reception hosted by UK PM David Cameron on August 12.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria’s Prime Minister Boyko Borissov Congratulated the Republic of North Macedonia on its Accession to NATO
- » U.S. Embassy Sofia and the America for Bulgaria Foundation Announce a Financial Gift Program To Support Bulgarians
- » The President Canceled his Visit to Germany because of the Coronavirus
- » The President Called on the Institutions to Keep Discipline via Good Organization, Clear Instructions and Actions in Compliance with Law
- » President Rumen Radev Discussed with Ambassador Dong Xiaojun Strengthening the International Cooperation against Coronavirus
- » Rumen Radev in Durres: Solidarity and Compassion in Hard Times are the Road to Achieving Sustainable Stability and Prosperity in the Balkans